The village hall is situated just off Stocks Lane at the junction with Grotto Lane and is signposted with an attractive fingerpost. It is available for hire at £20 for the first hour and then £10 an hour. Please note that, from October to March inclusive, an additional charge of £10 is payable to cover heating costs. For further details, and to check availability, please email email@example.com If urgent, please call 07887 892715.
To secure your booking, a completed Booking Form and deposit will be required
Click poster to enlarge
Large hall with lovely solid wood floor
1 kitchen and 1 kitchen/bar
Plenty of tables and chairs
In WW1 the army put up huts for the recuperation of injured soldiers at Colshaw Hall. In 1926 Mrs Peel left money to the WI for one of these huts to be put alongside a hut already being used by the church since 1920 for the use of the WI. These two huts were owned and maintained independently by the Church and the WI until 1982. The WI and the PCC are the owners of their respective huts and the WI have the deeds for both the hut and land.
In 1982 The Village Hall management committee was formed. A Trust Deed was written up by Mr T Dobell and Mr B Weinholdt and formed the basis of the constitution of the Village Hall Management Committee which consists of 3 members of the WI, 3 members of the PCC and 2 members of the Parish Council. This Management committee was set up to enable the access of grant funding from both the borough and county council for the improvements of Village Halls. And has enabled the management committee to access a number of grants over the years which have enabled facilities to be updated and improved.
Photos below show a typical layout for a festive meal.
The school quiz at the village hall and a yoga class