The President welcomed 27 members to the August Social meeting, which took place at the The Plough and Flail, Mobberley, where members enjoyed a meal in the conservatory.
Members were reminded of:
- The Annual Council Meeting on Tuesday 4th October 20 with Angela Rippon as speaker
- The Arts & Craft Exhibition on Saturday 24thSeptember at Lower Withington
- A talk at Friars Nursery by Sam Youd on the 6thDecember
- The Autumn Group Meeting will be at Byley on October 28th , Over Peover W.I. will be organising the competition which will require a photo of the Queen’s 90th birthday celebration event in Over Peover village.
Future Events include:
- A Christmas Shopping Trip to Liverpool on the 17th of November.
- Tickets are available from committee members for the Fizz Fashion Show on the 11th October to be held at the Over Peover Hall.
- The reading club meeting on the 6th. October at 10.30a.m.
- The next walk would be 6 miles from Redesmere Lake on 6th September, meeting at 9.45am
- The meeting of the embroidery group will be on the 29th September
We meet at 7.30pm on the last Thursday of the month at Over Peover Village Hall. There is a friendly and welcoming atmosphere and the speakers are invariably of a very high standard as are the homemade cakes and tea to follow. New members are most welcome.
Roslyn Field and Barbara Wilson
Over Peover WI