The President welcomed members to the October meeting.
- Members thoroughly enjoyed the CFWI Autumn Meeting, the Speaker was Angela Rippon
- The Fizz fashion show was very well received and our sincere thanks were passed to Mr David Irlam for the use of the beautiful Colshaw Hall and Liz McGrath for all her support. Some of the money raised will be used in support of repairs to the village hall.
- The Christmas Decoration classes are booked for 7.30 on 6th and 13th December using the Over Peover Group Bursary
- Members enjoyed the County walk in the Dunham area and thanked Plumley WI for their organisation
- Tickets are to be booked for the Wilmsow Rep. Theatre Christmas production of White Christma, at 7.30pm on Tuesday 8th November
- The next walk is planned for 4th November, a circular walk of about 6 miles in the Mottram and Prestbury area. Meeting at Mottram Hall Golf Club car park at 9.45 for 10.00am start. The final walk of 2016 will be on 5th December
- The Christmas Dinner is confirmed at Knutsford Golf Club on Wednesday 23rd November, arrival at 7.00 for a 7.15 A.G.M start, the meal will be served at 8.00pm.
The Evening Speaker was Les Pickford, his subject was ‘Cartoonist’.
He briefly explained the history of cartoon drawings from the earliest recorded illustrations in 15th Century, and satirical cartoons in 18th Century mainly focused on the Royal Family. He used his sketches to explain how cartoons are used, e.g. exaggeration, changing proportions, using stereo types, props and giving animals human characteristics. We were finally encouraged to be cartoonists ourselves which caused a great amount of laughter.
We meet at 7.30pm on the last Thursday of the month at Over Peover Village Hall. There is a friendly and welcoming atmosphere and speakers are invariably of a very high standard as are the homemade cakes and tea to follow. New Members are most welcome.
Barbara Wilson and Roslyn Field
Over Peover WI