Top Latest News Items:
- LOST DOG
- FUTURE OF ST LAWRENCE’S CHURCH – MEETING ON 9TH SEPT – READ VICAR’S LETTER
- VILLAGE NEWSLETTER – SUMMER 2014
- LOCAL AREA ROAD CLOSURES – Manor Park North 2nd-3rd Sept, Shaw Drive 3rd-4th Sept, Boothfields 4th-5th Sept, Plumley Moor Rd near Peover Golf Club – o’night 19th & 20th Sept
- VILLAGERS INVITED TO CELEBRATE SCHOOL CENTENARY ON SEPT 19TH
- HAD A BIKE STOLEN?
- CHECK YOUR OUTBUILDINGS
- RURAL WATCH
- NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH
- KNUTSFORD NEIGHBOURHOOD POLICING TWITTER UPDATES
THE VILLAGE OF OVER PEOVER
Also known as Peover Superior, the village of Over Peover is situated 5 miles south of the historic town of Knutsford in the county of Cheshire. This ancient parish is mentioned in the Domesday Book, the survey undertaken after the Norman Conquest, and dates back to Anglo Saxon times and before. The name Peover means Bright Stream or Shining Water and refers to The Peover Eye, the river which forms one of the parish boundaries. You can read more about the fascinating history of the village and Peover Hall in the book written by Barry Wienholdt and John Mottershead and published to commemorate the Queen’s Golden Jubilee in 2002.