Top Latest News Items:
- HAD A BIKE STOLEN?
- CHECK YOUR OUTBUILDINGS
- RURAL WATCH
- NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH
- KNUTSFORD NEIGHBOURHOOD POLICING TWITTER UPDATES
- WI PRESS REPORT – MEETINGS 26TH JUNE AND 31ST JULY – Belly Dancing and Dead Bodies!
- PLANS FOR NEW EQUIPMENT ON THE PARISH FIELD
- OVER PEOVER CHILDREN’S SUMMER SPORTS CAMP
- VILLAGERS INVITED TO CELEBRATE SCHOOL CENTENARY ON SEPT 19TH
- WI PRESS REPORT – MEETING 29TH MAY 2014 + VISIT TO HARLOW CARR
THE VILLAGE OF OVER PEOVER
Also known as Peover Superior, the village of Over Peover is situated 5 miles south of the historic town of Knutsford in the county of Cheshire. This ancient parish is mentioned in the Domesday Book, the survey undertaken after the Norman Conquest, and dates back to Anglo Saxon times and before. The name Peover means Bright Stream or Shining Water and refers to The Peover Eye, the river which forms one of the parish boundaries. You can read more about the fascinating history of the village and Peover Hall in the book written by Barry Wienholdt and John Mottershead and published to commemorate the Queen’s Golden Jubilee in 2002.